The Western Australian
Water Ski Association
works in many areas to
promote the sport
and protect the interests of members.
Benefits of WAWSA membership
- Access to ski schools / clinics.
- Coaching accreditation courses.
- A three tiered boat driving accreditation scheme from social boat driving through to international competition.
- Regular emails and social media updates to keep you informed on waterski and wakeboarding matters.
- Protection of your waterways for waterskiing.
- A comprehensive Insurance package available to clubs and individuals is tailor made to suit our sport and its members. The package includes $20 million Public Liability, personal accident coverage at sanctioned events and travel insurance (conditions apply).
- Tailor made boat insurance for members.
- Discounted subscription to Waterski and Wakeboard Magazines.
- Exclusive members use of the Burswood Water Ski and Lilac Hill Barefoot areas for those interested in competition training (Subject to additional divisional membership fees, rules & DoT Gazettals).
- Use of country ski areas (Subject to local rules).
main aims of WAWSA:
- To promote water skiing as a safe family sport.
- To increase the number of water skiing areas, preserve
existing areas and improve boat launching facilities.
- To be a central body that represents water skiers with
Government and other authorities, including the Department
of Transport, Department of Sport and Recreation, the Aquatic
Council and the WA Sports Federation for financial assistance
with coaching clinics, training schools and state team
travel, and for liaison with other river users.
- To promote the competitive divisions of water skiing
- Barefoot, Disabled, Tournament, Show Skiing and Wake